יום רביעי, 22 בפברואר 2017

Dobeing


Dobeing: "If I am not for myself, who is for me? And when I am [only] for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?"/ Hillel

Humanity is required to make moral choices and solve moral dilemmas; what is the right thing to do and say in a difficult moral situation?
Dobeing is based on the originally term introduced by the organismic theorist Kurt Goldstein for the motive to realize one's full potential: self-actualization. Self-realization is to know oneself. The term can be traced to Advaita Vedanta which means to realize the truth of one's existence. Nir Golan, Educational & Leadership expert, suggests using Dobeing instead of these two terms. To understand this proverbial wisdom, it is necessary to put it in context: If I am not for myself, who is for me? And when I am [only] for myself, what am I? And if not now, when? One must examine one's motives: if this is for myself only, because if not, I cannot expect help from others to help one who will not help himself. I must make efforts in my own behalf. In helping myself, the end, if I use any means regardless of my fellow man's needs and rights, Am I still a human being?

Dobeing is the heart of three cycles: Passion, Capabilities and Uniqueness.
Self-realization is identifying Passion, Capabilities and Uniqueness.
·        Passion: The things I like to do most and excite me.
·        Capabilities: Skills I'm good at and I do the best.
·        Uniqueness: My significant behavior and added value to those around me.
Dobeing is realizing one's full potential according to these three cycles. Dobeing is a combination between Self-realization and self-actualization. After I have found the balance that satisfies my needs without ignoring the needs of my fellow man, then what value is all of that if I do not act, if I postpone action to some later time, doesn't that show that the whole exercise was bogus and there was neither a real need for myself nor concern for my fellow man?
In Goldstein's view, it is the organism's master motive, the only real motive: "the tendency to actualize itself as fully as possible is the basic drive... the drive of self-actualization." The only way to "actualize itself" is by using the passion that you have to do what you do best, and spread your uniqueness all around. Carl Rogers similarly wrote of "the curative force in psychotherapy - man's tendency to actualize himself, to become his potentialities... to express and activate all the capacities of the organism."
Dobeing is a combination of doing and being, therefore it is a new term. Golan assumes that these two modes should be fused and not use as a conflict term. Dobeing is to express and activate all the passion, Capabilities and Uniqueness of the organism. Hillel also said "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow." That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and Dobeing.






אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה